♥ PREP: 30 MINS ♥ TOTAL TIME: 45 MINS ♥ SERVINGS: 5
Dear readers, today I’m revealing at Carolina’s Workshop, my personalized recipe on how to make the best homemade enchiladas ever! This recipe will steal only 45 minutes of your precious time, but first let’s get you in the chef-mood, and start by playing one of your favorite playlists on Spotify.
To make the best homemade enchiladas ever you will need:
- 5 large flour tortillas
- Red spicy sauce
- Homemade tomato sauce
- Black or red beans
- Homemade guacamole
- A package of Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- 2 Shredded chicken breasts
- Fresh parsley
- Vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- Salt, pepper and 1 laurel leaf
1. Cook for 15 mins the chicken breasts in boiling water and add a bit of salt and one leaf of laurel on it to give a natural flavor. When the chicken is ready proceed to shred it with your hands and place it in a bowl afterwards.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the diced white onion in a saucepan with a medium heat, then proceed to add the beans inside. and slowly mash with a fork until it looks creamy but dense.
3. Mix in a bowl the red spicy sauce and the homemade tomato sauce, and add pepper to the mix. After this, proceed to pre-heat the tortillas in a pan, and place all of them in a plate afterwards.
4. Grease the baking dish with a bit of oil, and spread the mix of red spice sauce and homemade tomato sauce.
5. Proceed to lay out each tortilla and spread two tablespoons of the red sauce mix over the surface of each tortilla, add the beans, the shredded chicken, sprinkle the cheese, and add on top of each of them a bit of sour cream.
6. Roll up the tortillas with the help of a skewer, and place each of them in the baking dish. Add a generous quantity of the red sauce mix over the tortillas, and then sprinkle cheese on top of the red sauce mix.
7. Bake the enchiladas uncovered for 15 minutes. After this time, remove the baking dish from the oven, add a bit of sour cream on top, and garnish it with chopped fresh parsley! Lastly, serve the best homemade enchiladas ever immediately and add a bit of guacamole on the side or on top.