♥ PREP: 20 MINS ♥ TOTAL TIME: 2.5 HOURS ♥ SERVINGS: 10
Today I felt like sharing with all of you one of my favorite dessert recipes: the lemon charlotte recipe. Since I’m originally from a tropical country, cold desserts are something usual. What I like the most about the lemon charlotte recipe is that it is really easy to make and with a low budget. Also I like the fact that it is not excesively sweet (thanks to the lemons), and it is also super refreshing!
If you are hosting this spring or summer “a brunch, a lunch, or an afternoon coffee with friends…”, making a lemon charlotte will be definitely a good idea. Since sharing is caring, find the recipe below!
– 6 lemons
– 1 Package of Evaporated Milk (360 ml)
– 1 Can of Condensed Milk (397 g)
– 2 Packages of Maria cookies (170 g)
- Squeeze the lemons and serve the juice in a bowl.
- Blend the evaporated milk, the condensed milk and the lemon juice until obtaining a densed cream.
- Place in a medium bowl the maria cookies and the cream. First add one layer of cookies, then add one layer of the cream, and repeat. I usually like to do 4 layers of cookies and 4 layers of cream. This may vary depending on the size of the bowl.
- Decorate the dessert with lemon pieces as you like!
- Refrigerate the dessert at least for two hours. I highly recommend to refrigerate for one day as it will taste way better 🙂
You may also enjoy: Pancake Bar | Easy Brunch Ideas